Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Layering Sex in the City style

I was just watching an episode of Sex and the City that opened with a scene of Carrie playing around on a trapeze in the name of writing a new article.

I was bummed that I couldn't find the outfit she wore in the opening scene. But - her other workout outfit is equally as stylish.

What I think is really neat is how the idea of layering continues with her workout gear. The photo on the left really highlights this dynamic with the pink striped piece matched with the blue tie-dyed piece below.

I think that the idea of dressing in layers for a workout - throwing a strappy tank over a tight under top - is so unique. If not in the name of style, it's a way to use those strappy tops that are collecting dust in my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment